Bob Baker's Book Promotion Blog
Harry Potter Magic Fun Facts
Here are some spell-binding numbers for you Harry Potter fans and observers:
- 325 million - number of copies the first six books in the series have sold worldwide.
- 66 - number of languages Harry Potter books have been published in.
- 6.9 million - number of Half-Blooded Prince copies sold in the 24 hours after it went on sale in 2005 (more than The Da Vinci Code sold that entire year).
- 4,000 - dollar amount of J.K. Rowling's advance for the first Potter book.
- 500 - number of copies of the first book's initial print run.
- 40,000 - maximum dollar amount paid for one of those first editions.
- 700,000 - number of web sites and blogs dedicated to Harry Potter.
- 62 million - number of kids in the U.S. who possess a Harry Potter book.
- 60 million - number of adults in the U.S. who own a Harry Potter book.
- 44.8 million - number of dollars earned on the opening day of the Order of the Phoenix movie.
- 3.5 billion - amount of money the first four Potter movies have grossed worldwide.
Wow! Makes me want to yell, "Expecto Patronum!"
Source: July 27 article in The Week. Also available as a PDF from this Brand Autopsy blog page.
Did you enjoy this blog post? Subscribe now and get all of my newest ideas delivered by email or RSS feed. Learn how here.
Want to jump-start your career as an independent author? Check out my brand-new Self-Publishing Success Secrets 101. Get more tips and inspiration when you subscribe to my free "Full-Time Author" ezine. I'll even send you a free download of my Self-Publishing Confidential report. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+