Bob Baker's Book Promotion Blog
How Powerful Are Your Success Habits?
This morning I drove my daughter to school and once again made a mistake I didn't intend to make. It's a mistake you may also be making with your book publishing efforts.
You see, Kelli started middle school last week. After six years of attended an elementary school about 10 minutes from our house, she is now in the 6th grade at the middle school, which is also not far from home.
Here's the thing. So far, every time I've driven her to the new school, I absent-mindedly take the route to her old school. Most of the drive is the same, but at one stop light I should now go straight instead of turning left.
But, without fail, I've been either lost in thought or in a conversation with her when I get to that light. And I turn left like I've been doing for years, instead of continuing straight to the new school.
As a result, it takes us longer to get to our destination, and I end up feeling a little frustrated with myself for screwing up.
What does this have to do with creating and marketing your books and info-products?
- How often do you take actions based on your habits of the past ... instead of what's best for you now?
- When do you absent-mindedly go through the motions and take the long route to your book publishing goals ... instead of waking up and realizing there's a shorter and better path?
- In what areas of your life do you operate on auto-pilot ... instead of evaluating your actions and the results you're getting?
- How much frustration do you experience because you are stuck in old behavior patterns?
- Are you still living your life with an elementary school mindset ... instead of graduating to the next level of your personal growth?
Who knew that the simple act of driving my daughter to school would give me such an education :-)
P.S. Get FREE access to my Self-Publishing Confidential report filled with my best book publishing advice. Go grab your free report now. Get more tips and inspiration when you subscribe to my free "Full-Time Author" ezine. I'll even send you a free download of my Self-Publishing Confidential report. Learn more about the free subscription here.
Your email address will not be shared. Unsubscribe at any time.
Connect with Bob on Google+